Sunday, September 8, 2019

DIY home "renovation"

I keep waiting and hoping I'll have good news to post about buying a house, but nothing yet.  But maybe soon! 


In anticipation of a hopeful move, I decided to "renovate" my dining table and chairs.  I've had them for over 10 years and they have all the scratches and worn down spots to prove it.




Table

Can you see how there seem to be two different colors?  That's not the lighting.  It's been worn down.

Chair on the left has been painted.  The right one hasn't.  You can see alot of the original white has worn off.

Original chair seat on the right.  New seat using "remake sheets" on the left.

Remake sheets are super easy to use, since you can peel them off again if you made a mistake!  I had a hard time with the rounded shape of the seats, but I figured out a good way to fix it.





Finished products!  Took all day....  I know my body is going to ache tomorrow.  If you look closely, you can see that these were definitely NOT done by a professional...but from a casual glance, I think they look nice.


Remake sheets for small products can be found at almost any 100 yen shop, but I used higher grade sheets from Amazon Japan, specifically meant to be used on tables so they'd be waterproof.  Not super cheap, but definitely cheaper than buying a new dining set and hopefully this was last for awhile.
(PS - The paint and paint brush I used for the chairs was from a 100 yen shop.)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!

There's finally a Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!!  Of course, I made a reservation as soon as they started taking them in August!  I thought I m...