Friday, April 5, 2019

McDonald's trays go GREEN

My daughter's birthday was yesterday, but since we were busy with work/school, today I took her for lunch at McDonald's.  She kept hugging me because she was so happy to be there! 


Today, I found something new...




Sorry it's not a super clear picture...  Anyway, it's a box to accept old Happy Meal (or in Japan, Happy Set) toys for recycling.  This box will only be there until May 9th, but they'll run another recycling campaign in the summer and winter.  The recycled toys will be used to make new green food trays (as shown in the sample on top of the box). 


Anyone else think this is a great idea?  Those toys get played with for a little while, but then they just take up space in the toy box.  Or get stepped on in the middle of the night like the infamous Lego?  The ones that play sounds wear out and don't have replacable batteries.  It's nice to have a responsible way to do some spring cleaning!


Check out the official site for more info (in Japanese).  Any other countries doing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!

There's finally a Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!!  Of course, I made a reservation as soon as they started taking them in August!  I thought I m...