Friday, March 29, 2019

What the heck is that?!






One day, I was riding my bike along a small river and saw an animal along the bank.  It looked like a beaver, but with a thinner, round tail.  An older lady walking nearby told me it was a ヌトリア (nutoria).  Never having heard of that, it wasn't much help. 





Again, Google comes to the rescue.  These are called Nutria or Coypu, depending on where you live.  And...they're pretty much just big rats. 


They DO exist....






So, they're pests.  But I still enjoy watching them eat and swim around on nice days.  Here's another pic, this time sharing the river with ducks.  I often see
egrets in the river too, but none showed up on the day I was taking pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!

There's finally a Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!!  Of course, I made a reservation as soon as they started taking them in August!  I thought I m...