Friday, March 29, 2019

At the movies!

I have some free time this week before the new school year starts, so yesterday I went to see a movie (Captain Marvel).


I'm not sure if this is how all movie theaters work here, but the one I go to (109 Cinemas) allows me to make a reservation online and pay by credit card.  I can even choose my own seat!  I don't have to arrive early at the theater to stake out a good seat.  Just go in, enter my reservation number and phone number into the machine, and my ticket pops out.


On the way out, I found this guy...


"Pikachu's Hollywood Debut!
Cute on the outside, but inside...a middle-aged man!?
And he can speak like a human."


I couldnt get a picture without glare...  Anyway, I'm not an otaku.  I very rarely watch any anime.  BUT Pikachu is my hero.  And I'm a huge fan of Deadpool and Ryan Reynolds.  Even so, when I first heard about this movie, I wasn't sure how it would work.  After seeing the previews, I'm super excited!

The best part about this promo stand?  The TOUCH part!!!  Holy crap, it felt just like I imagined this movie version of Pikachu would!
Can't....stop...touching...the softness....

Japan release date is May 3rd, right during the extended Golden Week/new emperor enthronement holiday.  See you there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!

There's finally a Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!!  Of course, I made a reservation as soon as they started taking them in August!  I thought I m...