Wednesday, April 10, 2019

TACO BELL in Japan!!

I love tacos....but I can't handle spicy food, so Taco Bell level Mexican food is just right for me.  I was so happy to hear that there are Taco Bell restaurants in Japan!  Most of them are in Tokyo, but there are two in Osaka.  I went to the one in the Dotonbori area.  It's next to the Shochikuza (松竹座) Theater (well, there's a Family Mart in between) on the 2nd floor.  You can look out the window and see the famous giant crab and all the tourists taking selfies.




The inside doesn't look at all like a typical fast food place.  It's a bit dark, quiet...a nice place to relax a bit during a busy day of sightseeing perhaps.  Another positive difference is the ability to choose what type of meat you want: beef, pork, or chicken.  This allows people who can't eat certain types of meat for religious reasons to still enjoy their tacos!  If you're vegetarian though...I guess you could try the Chocodilla?


The last time I went, I got a Chalupa...which was the most amazing thing I've ever tasted.  I was really looking forward to eating one again, but this time, it was gone.  WHY?!?!?! 


The wrapping shows that I chose beef and mild spiciness.  Number 3 is the number of the item on the menu, I think.




So, I decided to try something new again and ordered a Crunchwrap Supreme.  Meh... I don't know why it has "crunch" in the name.  And it smelled burned.  I guess next time, I'll just go with regular tacos.


Despite, this recent less-than-satisfying experience, I still recommend it!  Being in a tourist area, the staff were calling out order numbers bilingually and I'm pretty sure the register staff today wasn't native Japanese (we spoke Japanese - don't ask don't tell).


You can check out the menu, prices, and locations here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!

There's finally a Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!!  Of course, I made a reservation as soon as they started taking them in August!  I thought I m...