Monday, April 1, 2019

What time is it?

Even after all these years of living in Japan, one thing I still have trouble with is TIME.  In Japan, the 24 hour clock system is commonly used. 




For example, this store closes at 21:00...or by the 12 hour clock system, 9pm.



The pharmacy in this store is open until 8pm on Monday through Friday, unil 5pm on Saturdays, and is closed on Sundays and national holidays.


At first, I thought this was just a Japan thing.  Maybe left over from the post war occupation.  BUT, according to everyone's friend Google, most of the world uses the 24 hour clock system!  It's mostly English-speaking countries that use the 12 hour system.  Who knew?? 


So, I learned something new today!  It doesn't make figuring out what time it is any easier for ME though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!

There's finally a Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!!  Of course, I made a reservation as soon as they started taking them in August!  I thought I m...