Monday, May 6, 2019

Movies!

Being a single mother is tough.  Being a single mother of a special needs kid is even tougher.  BUT, I'm fortunate enough to have access to special daycare services that are open on weekends/national holidays so I can have some time off.  Sometimes I just get some extra sleep.  Usually I run errands.  But sometimes I get to go out and see a movie!  During this holiday time, I saw two movies - Avengers Endgame and Detective Pikachu. 




Thanos says "No spoilers!"

Japanese movie audiences are usually pretty quiet.  On one hand, you don't have the kind of loud, annoying people you might find in a theater back in the old country (what I call my birthplace).  On the other hand, it feels weird when people don't laugh or react to anything.  When I went to see Deadpool 2, the most anyone did was a light snort.  Endgame was different.  I don't know why, but people reacted.  There was some limited laughter, but at one point (no spoilers!) I think almost everyone gasped.

I can't recommend Detective Pikachu enough!  Good for kids, but with a suspenseful storyline that will draw in the grown-ups too.  I'll admit, I cried. 

Next movie I'm looking forward to is this guy:

Not Godzilla's actual size

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!

There's finally a Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!!  Of course, I made a reservation as soon as they started taking them in August!  I thought I m...