Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Super Cute Classroom Decorations

Warning.....these things can take alot of time to make, especially when you're not used to the process!  But, on the other hand, there are quite a few merits:


  • Gives you something constructive to do during "off" time.
  • Other teachers/principal will look at what you're making and think you're awesome!
  • Because you're working from templates, you don't need to be an artist.
  • Monthly/Seasonal classroom decorations are fun for the kids.  They can notice something new each time they enter the English classroom.
First, you need to get a template book.  Yes, you need to buy one.  I've looked online and I've found very few templates available for free.  Sorry.  I use this book, but I think if I was shopping now, I'd look for something that has templates specifically for holidays and seasons.



You also need a copier that can enlarge the templates.  I enlarged the original frog template in the book (left) by 250% (right).

Cut each piece individually and trace onto colored construction paper.  You should add a bit extra on certain parts so they're easier to glue or tape together.


The faces are the hardest part.  If the balance is just a little off, the whole thing goes from kawaii to kimoi!

And here's the finished product, along with the color page in the book you can use as reference for which kind of paper to use. 

Here are a few others I made over this past school year.


So, hey, teachers, do you decorate your classrooms? 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!

There's finally a Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!!  Of course, I made a reservation as soon as they started taking them in August!  I thought I m...