Friday, May 17, 2019

Tokyo vs. Osaka - Cost of living

The other day, I found an article listing the world's most expensive cities to live in for 2019.  I was shocked to find Osaka listed in the top 10, but NOT Tokyo!  What the hey?! 


I did some research and found that Tokyo was listed in both the 2017 and 2018 rankings, while Osaka was only in the 2017 ranking (just behind Tokyo).  I didn't check any further back, just wanted a bit of background reference.  Also, I found that some of the lists are different depending on who publishes them, though they usually aren't too crazily different.


Granted, I live in Osaka Prefecture, not the City, and I haven't lived in Tokyo or the Kanto area for a very long time...but I was under the impression that Tokyo is the more expensive place to live of the two.  Even if there's not much of a difference, how does Osaka end up in the top 10 and NOT Tokyo?!?


Any thoughts?  Maybe a mistake on the part of the list publisher?  Hey, isn't Japan all one big city?  >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!

There's finally a Pokemon Cafe in Osaka!!  Of course, I made a reservation as soon as they started taking them in August!  I thought I m...